Key Stage 3
Your Food Lessons at Sir Thomas Boughey
- We expect you to come to lessons ready to learn and take part in the activities set.
- You should always have your ingredients with you for food lessons. If you wish to alter a recipe for dietary / family needs, you must discuss this with your teacher prior to the lesson.
- Ingredients need to be placed in the fridges in your food classroom, before 8.30am.
- Always use the tools and equipment safely.
- Listen to instructions carefully – this means that you do what you are told and do not risk the safety of others/ yourself.
- Finished products will be collected at the end of the day – 3.30pm.
- Do not disrupt your group – this disturbs other people as they want to learn and enjoy the lesson.
- Respect teachers, staff and other students in the food rooms. Take advice when necessary.
- Parents can contact the Food department at any time by telephoning the school.
- Enjoy your Food lessons and make the most of the opportunities given to you.
You will be making a range of foods throughout Key Stage 3. Printable recipes are available on this website.
You need to remember to bring a suitable container for your practical lessons.
During the course, you will be assessed through a number of theory and practical tasks. Homework will be marked and used as part of your assessment against National Curriculum levels. Your level will combine your effort shown in both written work and practical tasks.
It is beneficial for you to prepare and help cook foods at home. We have only 10 hours of lessons a year. In order for you to make the expected progress, you need be re-making foods at home and trying out new recipes, which you can access from the website. There are also a number of websites which have easy to follow recipes, and the links are available on this website. The only way to develop your confidence and skills is to practice!